I grew up as the son of a JHMR Ski Patrolman, seeing the inside workings of one of the most professional and versatile groups of "trollers" in America. I've lived all over Teton County Wyoming, first living Wilson Wy. where I went to Wilson Elementary School with the likes of Travis Rice, who was also the son of a Ski Patroller. Then moving to Alta, Wyoming where our K-6 Elementary School had 60 kids total with one of those kids being Sage Cattabirga Alosa. Watching all of these older kids grow and achieve was a huge inspiration for me. I spent time working on tricks and technique throughout high school and worked as a liftee out of high school at JHMR, wanting nothing more than to ski as much as possible until I shattered my femur when I was twenty. Having recovered from that injury over the course of the next few years I decided that I had been given a second chance and an opportunity to get back to striving for a professional skiing career. I signed up for the FWQ circuit at age 25 with top twenty results my first season. Feeling less than inspired after my first year, I continued to compete the next year and finished with top ten results all season long with a win at the finals at Big Sky. Winning by 11.67 points with fellow competitors being George Rodney, Kyle Taylor, Leo Slemmet, Ivan Malakov and other skiers that qualified for the FWT the next year was a turning point. I missed qualifying for the FWT by one spot. I never thought I would ever compete at that level following my femur injury and continued to compete the next year at the Freeskiing World Tour stop in Big Sky which I won again and became the current Freeskiing World Tour Champion. I have one sister who I live with here in Jackson who is also a pro skier and works in fashion.
- United States
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- If you don’t go, you won't know.
- Big Mountain
- Biking, Hiking, Hunting, Spending time with friends.
Freesking World Tour Champion 2017
- 1. Völkl Lieblingsski
- Confession 193
- 2. Wofür benutzt Du diese Ski?
- Stomping and high speed lines.
- 3. Was gefällt Dir an dem Ski?
- It's the most stable and trusted ski in my quiver, brought out when I have a day full of big airs and high speed lines planned.
- 4. Was gefällt Dir daran, Teil der Völkl-Family zu sein?
- It's a total honor to represent a company I've always known to make the best skis on the planet.
- 5. Seit wann fährst Du schon für Völkl?
- 3 years
- 6. Wann hast Du mit dem Skifahren angefangen?
- 2 years old
- 7. Der größte Durchbruch in Deiner Skikarriere?
- Winning the Freeride World Tour Qualifier stop in Big Sky 2014. That resulted in getting put on team Volkl.
- 8. Dein Lieblings-Spot?
- Anything off of Sublette Quad at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 9. Dein bester Ski-Trip bisher?
- Getting shown around by the locals at Revelstoke and Rogers Pass touring and resort skiing 2016/2017.
- 10. Welche Vorbilder hattest Du im Skisport als Jugendliche(r)?
- Kent Kreitler
- 11. Was machst Du, wenn Du nicht skifährst?
- Spend time in the mountains, on foot and by bike. I also spend summers in Alaska Commercial fishing for Salmon.
- 12. Wie trainierst Du, um fit zu bleiben?
- Sport Specific programming by Mountain Tactical Institute in Jackson is a huge part of my strength Training.
- 13. Ohne was kannst Du nicht leben?
- Music. All Types.
- 14. Dein Motto?
- If you don’t go, you won't know.
- 15. Was war das Dümmste, was Dir bisher passiert ist?
- FWQ at Revelstoke 2016/17. I saw some amazing skiing go down from the next generation of freeskiers. It was most humbling to be the oldest competitor there thinking I had an advantage since some of the kids there had never competed. Instead, all these kid
- 16. Was ist Dein bevorzugter Social Media-Kanal?
- 17. Deine Ziele und Wünsche für die Zukunft?
- Stay healthy, expand my mountain knowledge and spend more time mountaineering.
- 18. Wie bist Du zum Tourengehen gekommen?
- I went up the middle Teton a few years ago with a friend, got my butt kicked but really got hooked on alpine starts and sunrises seen from the side of a mountain after hours of hard work. It's very rewarding.
- 19. Was sind Deine absoluten Lieblingstouren?
- Buck Mountain in the Teton range. Mr. Shasta in Northern California and Ursys Minor in the Selkirk Range.
- 20. Was ist in Deinem Rucksack, wenn Du eine Tour gehst?
- Shovel, probe, first aid, multi-tool, ski straps, cornice saw, extra layers, water, stove, snacks, and more snacks.