Hi, I am Katrin, living in Kobenz (Styria), study sports science and enjoy competing in Skicross. I detected my passion for Skicross at the age of 15 and from this time on it was my big goal to become a professional athlete. A few years later I became part of the Austrian Skicross Team and now I can look back at 3 starts at Olympic Games and more than 100 starts in Worldcup. Skicross excites me because every race and every run is a new challenge. When I race against three other girls everything can happen and I always have to be ready, focus about my skiing, concentrate on the upcoming elements on the course and need a clear view what the other girls are doing. When I am in the lead I try to defend my position and ski a more direct line. When I am behind in contrast I try to overtake by using the draft and skiing a more round line that helps me gaining more speed. I enjoy the thrill of racing and sometimes the first training run on a big Skicross course costs me quite an effort. But after finishing the first run I just want to do another run, because it's so hilarious.
- Improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- Skier Cross
- skiing, mountainbiking, being outside and active
9 podiums in Skicross Worldcup,
6th Olympic Games Sochi,
9th Olympic Games Pyeong Chang,
4th World Champs Deer Valley
- 1. Völkl Lieblingsski
- Race Tiger SX
- 2. Wofür benutzt Du diese Ski?
- racing Skicross, on piste freeskiing, enjoying some nice turns
- 3. Was gefällt Dir an dem Ski?
- the ski is flexible and can forgive some mistakes, the base is fast and it gives me a good boost out of the turns - perfect for Skicross
- 4. Was gefällt Dir daran, Teil der Völkl-Family zu sein?
- great support, the team is willing to improve and so do I
- 5. Seit wann fährst Du schon für Völkl?
- since the season 2018/19
- 6. Wann hast Du mit dem Skifahren angefangen?
- 2.5 years
- 7. Der größte Durchbruch in Deiner Skikarriere?
- in progress
- 8. Dein Lieblings-Spot?
- 9. Dein bester Ski-Trip bisher?
- Skiing some powder runs with my teammates and a former coach on Krippenstein. At the end of the day we were too tired for some apres ski.
- 10. An welchem Skiort möchtest Du unbedingt einmal fahren?
- Canada for heliskiing
- 11. Welche Vorbilder hattest Du im Skisport als Jugendliche(r)?
- Hermann Maier
- 12. Was machst Du, wenn Du nicht skifährst?
- train for skiing, enjoy being outside and active, trying to finish my master thesis, enjoying a lazy day on the couch or outside on a beautiful Austrian lake
- 13. Wie trainierst Du, um fit zu bleiben?
- a mix of strength and endurance training, coordination and springiness before the season, I am an fan of doing different kind of sports in the preperation period because in Skicross I have to be flexible and need to be prepared for different situations
- 14. Ohne was kannst Du nicht leben?
- good food and laughs
- 15. Welche drei Dinge sollte man über Dich wissen?
- Skicross is a passion, I am working hard to improve myself and when I am hungry I get grumpy and urgently need to get some good food
- 16. Dein Motto?
- improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- 17. Was war das Dümmste, was Dir bisher passiert ist?
- my injury before the season 2018/19 that took longer to heal than expected
- 18. Was ist Dein bevorzugter Social Media-Kanal?
- 19. Deine Ziele und Wünsche für die Zukunft?
- stay healthy and competitive, Worldcup victory, medal at Olympic Games and World Champs
- 20. Was war Dein bestens Rennen, dass Du gefahren bist, unabhängig von der Platzierung?
- Sunny Valley (RUS)