My name is Lyman Currier, I'm a 22 year old freeskier from Boulder, CO. I was lucky enough to grow up in an extremely active city, so close to the mountains, which really solidified my love for the outdoors at a young age. My father, an Olympic skier himself, took me out on the slopes for my first time at the ripe age of 18 months. Little did we know he had sparked the addiction that lives inside all skiers and snowboarders alike, an addiction to deep pow, testing the limits of air and speed, and being outside with your friends on the coldest winter days. The freedom of being on the slopes is unmatched by anything and no matter what life has thrown your way, you can always find a clear mind at the top of the mountain. I am incredibly grateful to be able to call this amazing sport my profession and I can't wait for all the outdoor adventures to come!
- United States
- Breckenridge, CO
- Pressure is privilage
- Skiing, Snowboarding, Hiking, Biking, anything outdoors
2016 Tignes World Cup Halfpipe Finals 2nd place
2014 US Olympic Team Sochi & PyeongChang 2018
- 1. Völkl Lieblingsski
- 2. Wofür benutzt Du diese Ski?
- Park and Pipe
- 3. Was gefällt Dir an dem Ski?
- I like this ski because it so versitile, I ski it in the park and pipe mostly but it is so responsive that I can't help but catch fresh groomer laps too! The symmetrical tip and tail lets you ski switch as easily as forward while the camber helps you hold
- 4. Was gefällt Dir daran, Teil der Völkl-Family zu sein?
- I love being on the volkl team because they make their skis from such high quality materials. In my oppinion they have the best core, edges, and base in the industry. Which makes skiing that much more fun!
- 5. Seit wann fährst Du schon für Völkl?
- I have been riding for Volkl for three years.
- 6. Wann hast Du mit dem Skifahren angefangen?
- 18 months
- 7. Der größte Durchbruch in Deiner Skikarriere?
- Making the 2014 US Olympic team
- 8. Dein Lieblings-Spot?
- Breck for the park Whistler for the shred
- 9. Dein bester Ski-Trip bisher?
- Ten days of fresh powder with my best bud in the french alps!
- 10. An welchem Skiort möchtest Du unbedingt einmal fahren?
- I have always wanted to go ski pow on the North Island of japan, everything I see/hear about that island makes it seem like a snowsports athletes dream!
- 11. Welche Vorbilder hattest Du im Skisport als Jugendliche(r)?
- Simon Dumont, Tanner Hall and of coarse the legendary Shane McConkey, RIP.
- 12. Was machst Du, wenn Du nicht skifährst?
- I enjoy mountain biking, Skateboarding, hiking, and playing some video games, but nothing compares to skiing!
- 13. Wie trainierst Du, um fit zu bleiben?
- Skiing is a huge workout in itself, but to stay strong and flexible, a gym routine has to be implemented. During the season its mostly maintaining strength with body weight exercises. While out of season I like to do more weight training, about 4 times a
- 14. Ohne was kannst Du nicht leben?
- 15. Welche drei Dinge sollte man über Dich wissen?
- 1. I love motorsports (almost as much as snowsports)2. My favorite thing to do is backflips, you gotta try some! 3. Sushi is my favorite food.
- 16. Dein Motto?
- Pressure is privilage
- 17. Was war das Dümmste, was Dir bisher passiert ist?
- Being Invited to ski in the biggest competition in our sport, the X games.
- 18. Was ist Dein bevorzugter Social Media-Kanal?
- @Jerryoftheday for sure!
- 19. Deine Ziele und Wünsche für die Zukunft?
- Ski for as long as possible and have more fun today than yesterday.