It seems as if Norway breeds freestyle talent, whether they are on one or two planks. Øystein Bråten decided on the path of two planks early on, while his brother went for snowboarding. Together they shredded homemade setups in their garden, and this dedication most definitely paid off, as both are professional athletes in their chosen field. Growing up in the small village of Torpo, between the famous ski areas Hemsedal and Geilo, Øystein quickly found his way into the Norwegian freeski scene and his ascent to the top began. In 2010 and 2011 he became Norwegian champion in Slopestyle and this year he won the X Games Gold in Aspen and X Games GOLD in Noway. At just 22 years old, he is considered one of the biggest talents in the international freeski scene.
- Ski or die
- Freeski slopestyle and Big Air
- Skateboard, Tennis, Travelling, Ping Pong
Olympic GOLD medalist PyeongChang 2018 Slopestyle
2018 XGames Silver Medalist Aspen
2017 X Games Gold Aspen Slopestyle
2017 X Games Gold Norway
2016 X Games Bronze Medalist Aspen
2017/2018 1st World Cup Slopestyle Stubai AUT
3rd World Cup Slopestyle Snowmass USA
3rd World Cup Slopetyle Font-Romeu FR
3rd World Cup Big Air Monchengladbach GER
- 1. Völkl Lieblingsski
- Revolt 87 and Revolt 95
- 2. Wofür benutzt Du diese Ski?
- I ride these skis mostly in the park but the Revolt 95 I also like to ride in the backcountry.
- 3. Was gefällt Dir an dem Ski?
- I like the Revolt 87 a lot for park riding because I’ts a really good all round ski for everything in a park. It has everything that I want in a park ski.
- 4. Was gefällt Dir daran, Teil der Völkl-Family zu sein?
- I like being a part of the Volkl team because It has a lot of sick riders, with different styles and ways of riding. I also like that they have different skis that are all so good, both for park and powder.
- 5. Seit wann fährst Du schon für Völkl?
- Since I was 14, so for 8 years.
- 6. Wann hast Du mit dem Skifahren angefangen?
- My whole life, but I got started riding twin tips when I was 10.
- 7. Der größte Durchbruch in Deiner Skikarriere?
- For me it was when I got 3rd at Austrian Open in 2012. That was the first big result I got and I was super happy.
- 8. Dein Lieblings-Spot?
- Breckenridge (Colorado), Folgefonna (Norway), and Andreas Håtveit’s backyard.
- 9. Dein bester Ski-Trip bisher?
- Alyeska in Alaska this winter.
- 10. An welchem Skiort möchtest Du unbedingt einmal fahren?
- Japan to ride powder
- 11. Welche Vorbilder hattest Du im Skisport als Jugendliche(r)?
- Andreas Håtveit
- 12. Was machst Du, wenn Du nicht skifährst?
- When I’m not skiing I like to hang out with my friends and girlfriend. I also skateboard and play tennis in the summer.
- 13. Wie trainierst Du, um fit zu bleiben?
- Ski as much as I can and stay active in the offseason. I think you get in shape for skiing by skiing a lot, so that has kind of been my way to do it. But I also like to go in the gym in the summer.
- 14. Ohne was kannst Du nicht leben?
- Family and skiing
- 15. Dein Motto?
- Ski or die
- 16. Was war das Dümmste, was Dir bisher passiert ist?
- Placing 10th at 2014 Winter Olympics in Slopestyle
- 17. Was ist Dein bevorzugter Social Media-Kanal?
- Instagram or Youtube
- 18. Deine Ziele und Wünsche für die Zukunft?
- Try to always get better at skiing