It is the quintessential American success story. A boy from a small town sets out to conquer the world. The boy in this case is Nick Goepper and the small town goes by the name Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Although Nick grew up in a rather flat, Midwestern area, he started skiing by the age of five and was captivated. By the age of 15, he went to the West Coast to try his luck as a freeskier. Soon he proved to be one of the most talented freestylers of his generation and began to make his presence felt at slopestyle competitions across the US. In the 2011/12 season Nick bagged several podiums including a silver medal at X Games. The following year he stepped up his game to win X Games Gold and in 2014 he managed to repeat this feat. At the biggest event yet in the history of the sport, the Winter Olympics 2014, Nick delivered what might have been the most technical run in freeskiing yet, however it was only good enough for the Bronze medal. Nevertheless, he became a big media star as part of the US podium sweep in men’s slopestyle, only the third for the country at Winter Olympics in history.
- Date of birth
- United States
- Home mountain
- Perfect North Slopes Indiana
- Do it
- Halfpipe and Slopestyle
- Surfing, Skateboarding, my truc
Olympic Silver Medal Slopestyle PyeongChang 2018
X Games Gold Medal 2015
Olympic Bronze medal Slopestyle Sochi 2014
- 1. Favorite Völkl Skis
- Revolt 87
- 2. What do you use this ski for?
- Park and Pipe
- 3. Why do you like this ski?
- It’s an all around solid ski. Normal camber, stiff, good for jumps and jibs
- 4. How long have you been riding for Völkl?
- Since I was 15, so about 8 years
- 5. What age did you start skiing?
- 6. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- Winning the Dumont Cup in Sunday River Maine at age 17
- 7. Favorite Place to ride
- Perfect North Slopes
- 8. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- I love skiing LAAX any time I get to go there. Switzerland is rad.
- 9. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- I would love to shred an indoor place sometime. I've never done that and it looks really fun.
- 10. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Wallisch, Brown, Dumont, Hall
- 11. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- Surfing or Skating!
- 12. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- I like to crosstrain a lot with surf and skate, and sometimes I hit the gym in the fall before the snow starts to fall.
- 13. What can’t you live without
- I can't live without oxygen. That would suck
- 14. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- Im very impatient, I am very protective of my younger sisters, and I love power metal.
- 15. Motto/Words you live by
- Do it
- 16. Most Humbling moment
- Having my family at the Olympics. That was amazing.
- 17. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 18. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- Olympics, X Games, Filming, maybe some backcountry jumps next year, we will see