Stemming from Laax, the undisputed freestyle capitol of Switzerland, and born into a freeski family – he has both an older sister and an older brother who are successful freeski pros in their own right – it was kind of unavoidable that Andri Ragettli would become a great freestyle skier. Nevertheless, it is mind-blowing how quickly he has moved to the forefront of the freeski scene. Andri, who embraces every action sport his hometown has to offer from skating to mountain biking, continues to progress at this pace, there seems to be no limit to his potential.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- I am not here to be average.
- Slopestyle, Big Air
- Skiing, Biking, playing Tennis, Trampoline
1st World Cup Slopestyle Event Stubai Austria
1st World Cup Slopestyle Event Calgary Canada
1st World Cup Slopestyle Mammoth
Crystal Globe Winner Big Air
3rd World Cup Modena, Italy
1st World Cup Big Air Corvatsh Silvaplana
3rd World Cup Big Air Quebec
3rd World Cup Font Romeu Slopestyle
1st Freeski World Cup Slopestyle, Silvaplana Corvatsch
Overall World Cup Champion 2018 Slopestyle
Winner World Cup Big Air Winter Games Cardrona, New Zealand
Bronze Medalist Xgames Slopestyle
2nd Freeski World Cup Corvatsch - Slopestyle
1st World Cup Snowmass - Slopestyle
2nd World Cup Slopestyle Mammoth Mtn
2nd World Cup Seiseram Italy - Slopestyle
Olympian PyeongChang Slopestyle 7th
Overall world Cup champion 2017 Slopestyle
3rd World Cup Big Air Milan
2nd World Cup Slopestyle Cardrona New Zealand
1st World Cup Slopestyle Quebec City
3rd World Cup Big Air Quebec City
- 1. Favorite Völkl Skis
- Revolt 87 is the best ski for competitions. Sometime I use the revolt 95 for skiing in spring.
- 2. What do you use this ski for?
- I use it for competitions and park.
- 3. Why do you like this ski?
- Because the ski is hard and perfect for competitions
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Völkl team?
- Volkl is the best skiing team and it is an honor to be part of the team.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Völkl?
- Since I am 14 Years old (2013)
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- since I am 2 years old
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- overall worldchamp 2016
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- Laax home resort
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Quebec Canada 2017 with swiss freeski team
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- I have been all over the globe. And I would love to go Australia one day.
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Tanner Hall, Roger Federer
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- I am still in school and i like to play tennis and downhill biking.
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Gym (leg) and Parkour, and biking
- 14. What can’t you live without
- I can`t live without sport.
- 15. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I love winning. I have a lot of ambition.
- 16. Motto/Words you live by
- I am not here to be average.
- 17. Most Humbling moment
- Winning the overall worldcup was the happiest moment in my life.
- 18. Favorite Social Media Channel
- I love Instagram;) But actually i like all the social Media chanels.
- 19. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- Keep skiing as long as possible. And I hope that I will win soon a xgames medal;) And qualify for Olympics 2018.