My name is Lucas Swieykowski, and I´m from Bariloche, Argentina. I am a passionate person, who loves being in the mountains. Not only a professional skier, but also mountain guide and ski instructor.
I love travelling to remote places, and skiing the unexplored.
Relaxed and easy going, I am always open to hanging out and share some laughs…
Hard work, commitment and persistence, is the only way of achieving those goals you have in your mind. Follow your dreams.!
- Home mountain
- Bariloche, Argentina & Engadin, Switzerland
- Endless winter.! and every day counts.! its not about how you fall, but how you get back on your feet.!
- Ski - Freeride & Ski Touring
- Hiking, Biking, playing Ping Pong, hanging out with friends, music
- 1. Favorite Völkl Skis
- Revolt 121
- 2. What do you use this ski for?
- For everything. Big mountain skiing and touring
- 3. Why do you like this ski?
- Its a great ski that makes everything possible with an easy ride
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Völkl team?
- First of all, I really think we have the best skis in the market. We also have so many different options, that you can always find the perfect set up for all different conditions, and ways of skiing
- 5. How long have you been riding for Völkl?
- 10 years - Started with my first Gotama in 2007
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- I started Skiing when I was around 8, but didn’t ski so much until I was 15, that I was totally absorbed by the sport.! Loved it and couldn’t stop…
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- I never imagined being a pro skier when I started. But things went rolling in this direction, so I´ve been enjoying the ride… working hard and being always around, has put me in this situation.
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- This is always a tough Question… I guess where the best snow is… But with perfect conditions, I would say, that my home resort in Bariloche, is top 3 of my list… Then I would put the the Engadin valley and Chamonix to complete this top 3….
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Alaska and Russia… Two epic destinations, that offer lots of options…
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- I´d Like to go back to Canada… I haven’t been there in a while..
- 11. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- I like hanging out in the mountains, even though I´m not skiing. I really like trekking and climbing. So I do a lot of that, and also going out with The bike… Lots of fun, and great to have on the side of skiing, some of the feelings are so similar.
I like making bbq and hanging out with my friends, I´ve always been a very social person. :-)
- 12. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Lots of sports, but I visit the gym for complementary work out couple times a week. And doing yoga helped me a lot…
- 13. What can’t you live without
- Dulce de LEche… (argentine Jam)
- 14. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- Easy going and funny
I love doing sports
- 15. Motto/Words you live by
- Endless winter.!
and every day counts.! its not about how you fall, but how you get back on your feet.!
- 16. Most Humbling moment
- Elbrus summit…. was a tough mission, lots of crossed feelings, big injury a year before, but extremely happy to have over come those fears and accomplished that…
- 17. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 18. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- In the world of freeride, ski touring its the evolution of it. At first we ski next to the ski resorts, later we look for more remote areas, where not a lot of people go. So for me it was just natural to go out and explore the back country. That perfect slope, with perfect snow, where there are no tracks… Fresh.!
- 19. What are your all time Favourite Ski Tours?
- I like ski touring in Patagonia a lot. Many un discovered terrain…
- 20. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- Skins, Water (minimum 1 Litre), Food and snacks, pocket knife, head lamp, extra gloves, two carabiners and one 120 mm sling, 10 meters ultra light rope, binoculars, first aid kit, photo camera…