I started skiing very young in the most amazing place in the world, the "Vallons de la Meije". I fell in love with that summit and that's where i started dreaming about steep skiing and alpinism. I became high mountain guide and i'm living for my passion: faraway expeditions. As soon as i can, i travel to discover wild mountains, always looking for even more esthetic and pure lines.
My love for skiing and mountain is insatiable, i dream about skiing on all mountains of the world.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Val d'Isere
- Ski Mountaineering
- Travelling, discovering new places, cultures and of course mountains
- 1. Favorite Völkl Skis
- BMT 90
- 2. What do you use this ski for?
- All around a good ski, I use this ski daily. Shorter version 170cm is particularly good for steep skiing.
- 3. Why do you like this ski?
- The shape of the ski gives an exceptional edge grip making it a good choice for steeper terrain and quick turns.
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Völkl team?
- I have always skiied with Volkl skis. They are the best skis I've experienced this far.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Völkl?
- Since 2015
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- When i was two years old.
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- My first steep skiing experience in the corridors of the Ecrans with my friend Antonin Bacle. We were 16 years old, no experience, but lots of luck and some madness.
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- My favourite place to ride are the places I haven't yet ridden. Discovering new mountains is the best thing I know.
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- I can't choose, its always different and each experience holds its own value.
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- All the countries where I haven't skiied yet, where there are mountains and snow to be found.
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- I didn't really have a role model, but I think the person who has inspired me the most in terms of my skiing career is Lionel Daudet.
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- I do my grandmothers gardening.
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Never forget to eat McDonalds. My secret to staying fit. Working as a high mountain guide is pretty much a job, a gym and a lifestyle all in one.
- 14. What can’t you live without
- Mountains & McDonalds
- 15. Most Humbling moment
- When I'm sitting on a plane and i can see the mountains below me and I realize, life is too short to see all the mountains in this world.
- 16. Favorite Social Media Channel
- Looking at a map inspires me more than scrolling through social media.
- 17. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- I want to ski above 8000 meters in Pakistan. Can't say yet exactly which peak and which route, but this is my ambition for the spring 2019.
- 18. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- It all started with my dad when I was about 11 years old. As a kid, my dad and i did a lot of things together and skiing was just one the activities. The first touring we did together was the Galibier Pass.
- 19. What are your all time Favourite Ski Tours?
- The Meije Tour in the Ecrins.
- 20. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- It depends on the route. For a day tour, basic: first aid, shovel, probe, skins, crampons, ice axe, rope, some mars bars and sunscreen.