I was born in the heart of the Colorado Rockies, a little place called Aspen! I was on the hill by the age of 3 and pretty much never looked back. I was never in any sort of competitive ski program I was a freeskier since day 1 and my style shows it. As I entered my college years I opted to attend the university of Alta where the only curriculum was to ski as much powder as possible. It was there that my skiing acceled and I was able to work with some professional photographers and land my first big breaks! I always loved watching TGR films and worked my way into my first TGR film "the dream factory" while I was in Alaska spending all my own money and time and cutting my teeth in the big mountains. Since then I have traveled so much of the world skiing, climbing, camping and exploring with new people in new places. I consider my self one of the lucky ones for sure.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Aspen, Colorado
- Big mountain freeride
- Rock Climbing! softball. fishing. camping.
7 seasons filming with TGR, covers of Power and Skiing magazine. Appearances in other ski films.
- 1. Favorite Völkl Skis
- Revolt 121
- 2. What do you use this ski for?
- I use the revolt 121 for skiing big lines, hitting jumps, and skiing playful terrain in soft snow! I use the ski for touring and alpine in the same way.
- 3. Why do you like this ski?
- It is snappy with camber underfoot but forgiving and floaty with its early rise and gentle tip shape. It isn't too heavy so it works well as a touring ski and the graphics are sick!
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Völkl team?
- Because the brand is built up of a bunch of skiers. The spirit of skiing is alive and well within the brand and the product shows. Always looking to develop something new and amazing with an great understanding of what skiers want and need.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Völkl?
- I am a new team member! I was added to the team in November 2017 after a long relationship with another brand, I am much happier here!
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- 3 years old
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- landing myself a spot in TGR's dream factory, it was a cinderalla story.
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- Aspen, Alta, Alaska
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Austria with TGR was one of my highlights. So as Argentina with Volkl this past septmeber. I seem to have a thing for locations beginning with A!
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Maybe norway to ski some huge couloirs and experience that part of the globe since I have never been. Europe has so much I still need to see I would always love to go back there.
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Shane McConkey
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- I love climbing so much i spend as much time as a I can pusuing new routes and harder sends. I also love camping and the two go hand in hand.
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- 14. What can’t you live without
- Skiing, climbing, great friends, time in nature
- 15. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I get fired up dont take it personally, I love to have fun, I dont like wasting time.
- 16. Motto/Words you live by
- dont smoke till you put your boots on, dont drink till you take them off.
- 17. Most Humbling moment
- hitting a tree
- 18. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 19. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- I want to keep filming, traveling and creating. I am also super passionate to help create products I really believe in. I have lots of ideas.
- 20. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- naturally, spending time in the mountains your imagination brings you to the backcountry and then mentours show'd me the way.
- 21. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- avi gear, radio, water, perky jerky, inreach, baseball cap for shade, extra gloves, sunglasses
Screen reader support enabled.