My name is Lucas Swieykowski, and I´m from Bariloche, Argentina. I am a passionate person, who loves being in the mountains. Not only a professional skier, but also mountain guide and ski instructor.
I love travelling to remote places, and skiing the unexplored.
Relaxed and easy going, I am always open to hanging out and share some laughs…
Hard work, commitment and persistence, is the only way of achieving those goals you have in your mind. Follow your dreams.!
- Lugar habitual de esquí
- Bariloche, Argentina & Engadin, Switzerland
- Endless winter.! and every day counts.! its not about how you fall, but how you get back on your feet.!
- Ski - Freeride & Ski Touring
- Hiking, Biking, playing Ping Pong, hanging out with friends, music
- 1. Esquís Völkl favoritos
- BMT 122
- 2. ¿Para qué utilizas este esquí?
- For everything. Big mountain skiing and touring
- 3. ¿Por qué te gusta este esquí?
- Its a great ski that makes everything possible with an easy ride
- 4. ¿Por qué te gustaría formar parte del equipo de Völkl?
- First of all, I really think we have the best skis in the market. We also have so many different options, that you can always find the perfect set up for all different conditions, and ways of skiing
- 5. ¿Hace cuanto tiempo que esquías con Völkl?
- 10 years - Started with my first Gotama in 2007
- 6. ¿A qué edad empezaste a esquiar?
- I started Skiing when I was around 8, but didn’t ski so much until I was 15, that I was totally absorbed by the sport.! Loved it and couldn’t stop…
- 7. El mayor logro en tu carrera de esquí
- I never imagined being a pro skier when I started. But things went rolling in this direction, so I´ve been enjoying the ride… working hard and being always around, has put me in this situation.
- 8. Lugar favorito para esquiar
- This is always a tough Question… I guess where the best snow is… But with perfect conditions, I would say, that my home resort in Bariloche, is top 3 of my list… Then I would put the the Engadin valley and Chamonix to complete this top 3….
- 9. Tu viaje de esquí favorito
- Alaska and Russia… Two epic destinations, that offer lots of options…
- 10. ¿A donde te gustaría ir a esquiar y todavía no has estado?
- I´d Like to go back to Canada… I haven’t been there in a while..
- 11. ¿Qué haces cuando no estas esquiando?
- I like hanging out in the mountains, even though I´m not skiing. I really like trekking and climbing. So I do a lot of that, and also going out with The bike… Lots of fun, and great to have on the side of skiing, some of the feelings are so similar.
I like making bbq and hanging out with my friends, I´ve always been a very social person. :-)
- 12. ¿Cómo entrenas para mantenerte en forma para esquiar?
- Lots of sports, but I visit the gym for complementary work out couple times a week. And doing yoga helped me a lot…
- 13. ¿Sin qué cosas no puedes vivir?
- Dulce de LEche… (argentine Jam)
- 14. ¿Qué 3 cosas tenemos que saber sobre ti?
- Easy going and funny
I love doing sports
- 15. ¿Cual el tu lema de vida?
- Endless winter.!
and every day counts.! its not about how you fall, but how you get back on your feet.!
- 16. ¿Cuál ha sido tu momento más humillante?
- Elbrus summit…. was a tough mission, lots of crossed feelings, big injury a year before, but extremely happy to have over come those fears and accomplished that…
- 17. Red social favorita
- 18. ¿Cómo comenzaste en el esquí touring?
- In the world of freeride, ski touring its the evolution of it. At first we ski next to the ski resorts, later we look for more remote areas, where not a lot of people go. So for me it was just natural to go out and explore the back country. That perfect slope, with perfect snow, where there are no tracks… Fresh.!
- 19. ¿Cuál es tu ruta de travesía favorita?
- I like ski touring in Patagonia a lot. Many un discovered terrain…
- 20. ¿Qué llevas en la mochila cuando sales a hacer travesía?
- Skins, Water (minimum 1 Litre), Food and snacks, pocket knife, head lamp, extra gloves, two carabiners and one 120 mm sling, 10 meters ultra light rope, binoculars, first aid kit, photo camera…