It seems as if Norway breeds freestyle talent, whether they are on one or two planks. Øystein Bråten decided on the path of two planks early on, while his brother went for snowboarding. Together they shredded homemade setups in their garden, and this dedication most definitely paid off, as both are professional athletes in their chosen field. Growing up in the small village of Torpo, between the famous ski areas Hemsedal and Geilo, Øystein quickly found his way into the Norwegian freeski scene and his ascent to the top began. In 2010 and 2011 he became Norwegian champion in Slopestyle and this year he won the X Games Gold in Aspen and X Games GOLD in Noway. At just 22 years old, he is considered one of the biggest talents in the international freeski scene.
- Fecha de nacimiento
- Lugar habitual de esquí
- Ski or die
- Freeski slopestyle and Big Air
- Skateboard, Tennis, Travelling, Ping Pong
Olympic GOLD medalist PyeongChang 2018 Slopestyle
2018 XGames Silver Medalist Aspen
2017 X Games Gold Aspen Slopestyle
2017 X Games Gold Norway
2016 X Games Bronze Medalist Aspen
2017/2018 1st World Cup Slopestyle Stubai AUT
3rd World Cup Slopestyle Snowmass USA
3rd World Cup Slopetyle Font-Romeu FR
3rd World Cup Big Air Monchengladbach GER
- 1. Esquís Völkl favoritos
- Revolt 87 and Revolt 95
- 2. ¿Para qué utilizas este esquí?
- I ride these skis mostly in the park but the Revolt 95 I also like to ride in the backcountry.
- 3. ¿Por qué te gusta este esquí?
- I like the Revolt 87 a lot for park riding because I’ts a really good all round ski for everything in a park. It has everything that I want in a park ski.
- 4. ¿Por qué te gustaría formar parte del equipo de Völkl?
- I like being a part of the Volkl team because It has a lot of sick riders, with different styles and ways of riding. I also like that they have different skis that are all so good, both for park and powder.
- 5. ¿Hace cuanto tiempo que esquías con Völkl?
- Since I was 14, so for 8 years.
- 6. ¿A qué edad empezaste a esquiar?
- My whole life, but I got started riding twin tips when I was 10.
- 7. El mayor logro en tu carrera de esquí
- For me it was when I got 3rd at Austrian Open in 2012. That was the first big result I got and I was super happy.
- 8. Lugar favorito para esquiar
- Breckenridge (Colorado), Folgefonna (Norway), and Andreas Håtveit’s backyard.
- 9. Tu viaje de esquí favorito
- Alyeska in Alaska this winter.
- 10. ¿A donde te gustaría ir a esquiar y todavía no has estado?
- Japan to ride powder
- 11. Ídolo de esquí
- Andreas Håtveit
- 12. ¿Qué haces cuando no estas esquiando?
- When I’m not skiing I like to hang out with my friends and girlfriend. I also skateboard and play tennis in the summer.
- 13. ¿Cómo entrenas para mantenerte en forma para esquiar?
- Ski as much as I can and stay active in the offseason. I think you get in shape for skiing by skiing a lot, so that has kind of been my way to do it. But I also like to go in the gym in the summer.
- 14. ¿Sin qué cosas no puedes vivir?
- Family and skiing
- 15. ¿Cual el tu lema de vida?
- Ski or die
- 16. ¿Cuál ha sido tu momento más humillante?
- Placing 10th at 2014 Winter Olympics in Slopestyle
- 17. Red social favorita
- Instagram or Youtube
- 18. Objetivos futuros, planes y ambiciones
- Try to always get better at skiing