It seems as if Norway breeds freestyle talent, whether they are on one or two planks. Øystein Bråten decided on the path of two planks early on, while his brother went for snowboarding. Together they shredded homemade setups in their garden, and this dedication most definitely paid off, as both are professional athletes in their chosen field. Growing up in the small village of Torpo, between the famous ski areas Hemsedal and Geilo, Øystein quickly found his way into the Norwegian freeski scene and his ascent to the top began. In 2010 and 2011 he became Norwegian champion in Slopestyle and this year he won the X Games Gold in Aspen and X Games GOLD in Noway. At just 22 years old, he is considered one of the biggest talents in the international freeski scene.
- Date de naissance
- Montagne locale
- Ski or die
- Freeski slopestyle and Big Air
- Skateboard, Tennis, Travelling, Ping Pong
Olympic GOLD medalist PyeongChang 2018 Slopestyle
2018 XGames Silver Medalist Aspen
2017 X Games Gold Aspen Slopestyle
2017 X Games Gold Norway
2016 X Games Bronze Medalist Aspen
2017/2018 1st World Cup Slopestyle Stubai AUT
3rd World Cup Slopestyle Snowmass USA
3rd World Cup Slopetyle Font-Romeu FR
3rd World Cup Big Air Monchengladbach GER
- 1. Ski Volkl préféré
- Revolt 86 and Revolt 95
- 2. Pourquoi utilises-tu ce ski?
- I ride these skis mostly in the park but the Revolt 95 I also like to ride in the backcountry.
- 3. Pourquoi aimes-tu ce ski?
- I like the Revolt 87 a lot for park riding because I’ts a really good all round ski for everything in a park. It has everything that I want in a park ski.
- 4. Pourquoi aimes-tu faire partie du team Völkl ?
- I like being a part of the Volkl team because It has a lot of sick riders, with different styles and ways of riding. I also like that they have different skis that are all so good, both for park and powder.
- 5. Depuis quand rides-tu sur des Völkl
- Since I was 14, so for 8 years.
- 6. À quelle âge as-tu commencé à skier?
- My whole life, but I got started riding twin tips when I was 10.
- 7. Ta plus grande réussite dans ta carrière de skieur?
- For me it was when I got 3rd at Austrian Open in 2012. That was the first big result I got and I was super happy.
- 8. Ton spot préférer pour rider?
- Breckenridge (Colorado), Folgefonna (Norway), and Andreas Håtveit’s backyard.
- 9. Quel est ton meilleur trip de ski?
- Alyeska in Alaska this winter.
- 10. Quelle est la destination ski que tu n'as pas encore faite où tu aimerais aller?
- Japan to ride powder
- 11. Quel était ton idole quand tu as grandi?
- Andreas Håtveit
- 12. Que fais-tu quand tu n'es pas sur les skis?
- When I’m not skiing I like to hang out with my friends and girlfriend. I also skateboard and play tennis in the summer.
- 13. Comment t'entraînes-tu pour rester en forme?
- Ski as much as I can and stay active in the offseason. I think you get in shape for skiing by skiing a lot, so that has kind of been my way to do it. But I also like to go in the gym in the summer.
- 14. Qu'est-ce qui est impératif pour toi?
- Family and skiing
- 15. Ta devise?
- Ski or die
- 16. Quelle a été ta plus grande leçon d'humilité?
- Placing 10th at 2014 Winter Olympics in Slopestyle
- 17. Ton réseau social préféré?
- Instagram or Youtube
- 18. Tes objectifs, plans et ambitions pour l'avenir?
- Try to always get better at skiing