Dalbello, Freeride, Marker, Völkl
I grew up as the son of a JHMR Ski Patrolman, seeing the inside workings of one of the most professional and versatile groups of "trollers" in America. I've lived all over Teton County Wyoming, first living Wilson Wy. where I went to Wilson Elementary School with the likes of Travis Rice, who was also the son of a Ski Patroller. Then moving to Alta, Wyoming where our K-6 Elementary School had 60 kids total with one of those kids being Sage Cattabirga Alosa. Watching all of these older kids grow and achieve was a huge inspiration for me. I spent time working on tricks and technique throughout high school and worked as a liftee out of high school at JHMR, wanting nothing more than to ski as much as possible until I shattered my femur when I was twenty. Having recovered from that injury over the course of the next few years I decided that I had been given a second chance and an opportunity to get back to striving for a professional skiing career. I signed up for the FWQ circuit at age 25 with top twenty results my first season. Feeling less than inspired after my first year, I continued to compete the next year and finished with top ten results all season long with a win at the finals at Big Sky. Winning by 11.67 points with fellow competitors being George Rodney, Kyle Taylor, Leo Slemmet, Ivan Malakov and other skiers that qualified for the FWT the next year was a turning point. I missed qualifying for the FWT by one spot. I never thought I would ever compete at that level following my femur injury and continued to compete the next year at the Freeskiing World Tour stop in Big Sky which I won again and became the current Freeskiing World Tour Champion. I have one sister who I live with here in Jackson who is also a pro skier and works in fashion.
- Data urodzin
- United States
- Ulubione góry
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- If you don’t go, you won't know.
- Big Mountain
- Biking, Hiking, Hunting, Spending time with friends.
- Strona internetowa
Freesking World Tour Champion 2017
- 1. Ulubione narty Völkl
- Confession 193
- 2. Do czego używasz nart?
- Stomping and high speed lines.
- 3. Dlaczego lubisz te narty?
- It's the most stable and trusted ski in my quiver, brought out when I have a day full of big airs and high speed lines planned.
- 4. Dlaczego lubisz być częścią zespołu Völkl?
- It's a total honor to represent a company I've always known to make the best skis on the planet.
- 5. Jak długo jeździsz dla Völkl?
- 3 years
- 6. W jakim wieku zacząłeś (aś) jeździć na nartach?
- 2 years old
- 7. Największy przełom w Twojej karierze to?
- Winning the Freeride World Tour Qualifier stop in Big Sky 2014. That resulted in getting put on team Volkl.
- 8. Twoje ulubione miejsce do jazdy to?
- Anything off of Sublette Quad at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 9. Twoja najlepsza wyprawa to?
- Getting shown around by the locals at Revelstoke and Rogers Pass touring and resort skiing 2016/2017.
- 10. Ulubiony narciarz, wzór do naśladowania, z którym dorastałeś(aś)?
- Kent Kreitler
- 11. Co robisz, jeśli nie jeździsz na nartach?
- Spend time in the mountains, on foot and by bike. I also spend summers in Alaska Commercial fishing for Salmon.
- 12. W jaki sposób trenujesz, żeby być w formie?
- Sport Specific programming by Mountain Tactical Institute in Jackson is a huge part of my strength Training.
- 13. Bez czego nie wyobrażasz sobie życia?
- Music. All Types.
- 14. Jakie jest Twoje motto?
- If you don’t go, you won't know.
- 15. Najbardziej upokarzający moment Twojego życia?
- FWQ at Revelstoke 2016/17. I saw some amazing skiing go down from the next generation of freeskiers. It was most humbling to be the oldest competitor there thinking I had an advantage since some of the kids there had never competed. Instead, all these kid
- 16. Ulubiony kanał social-media?
- 17. Jakie są Twoje plany i cele na przyszłość?
- Stay healthy, expand my mountain knowledge and spend more time mountaineering.
- 18. W jaki sposób rozpoczęła się Twoja przygoda ze Skitouringiem?
- I went up the middle Teton a few years ago with a friend, got my butt kicked but really got hooked on alpine starts and sunrises seen from the side of a mountain after hours of hard work. It's very rewarding.
- 19. Jakie są Twoje ulubione wyprawy Skitourowe?
- Buck Mountain in the Teton range. Mr. Shasta in Northern California and Ursys Minor in the Selkirk Range.
- 20. Co masz w plecaku, wyruszając w góry?
- Shovel, probe, first aid, multi-tool, ski straps, cornice saw, extra layers, water, stove, snacks, and more snacks.