Maren Skjøld is a Norwegian alpine skier.
At the 2014 Junior World Championships she participated in five events, with an 11th place in super combined as her best result. She made her FIS Alpine Ski World Cup debut in January 2016 in Flachau, where she didn't manage to qualify for the second run, and collected her first World Cup points with a 24th place finish in February in Crans Montana.
In 2017, her second World Cup year, she managed to climb the rank till the top 15th Slalom Skier in World Cup with brilliant results.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Hovdebakken (small ski hill in my hometown Gjoevik)
- Work harder then you think you did yesterday
- Giant Slalom, Slalom
- Cooking, cycling ...
22nd Slalom Olympic Winter Games Pyenong Chang KOR
16th Slalom FIS World Cup Lenzerheide, SUI
5th City Event, FIS World Cup Oslo, Norway
4th Parallel Slalom FIS World Cup Couchevel, FRA
17th Slalom FIS World Cup Levi FIN
13 St.Moritz World Championship SL
5 Levi SL
10 Semmering SL
European Cup Overall Winner
- 1. Favorite Völkl Skis
- Racetiger speedwall SL R
- 2. What do you use this ski for?
- 3. Why do you like this ski?
- Because it's such a playful ski and I always feel great with them.
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Völkl team?
- Because they give me the best support and they are always interested in devolping their equipment
- 5. How long have you been riding for Völkl?
- Almost two years
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- Five years old
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- Winning the overall title in the Europa-Cup 2015/2016
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- Kvitfjell (Norway)
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Soldeu, Andorra
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Val Gardena (Italy)
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Kjetil Andre Aamodt
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- Then I love to go to my kitchen and make something good to eat. I also love to relax with a good movie or different tv series and hang out with my family and friends
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- A lot of strength, core, agility, endurance, coordination, plyometrics and balance training
- 14. What can’t you live without
- My phone! With my phone I can keep in touch with the people I love, when I'm out traveling so much!
- 15. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- Kind, positive and social
- 16. Motto/Words you live by
- "Work harder then you think you did yesterday"
- 17. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 18. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- "To be one the top of the podium"
- 19. Your Favourite World Cup Race on the circuit?