Markus Eder is the first Italian new school freestyler to reach international recognition.
At first sight, Markus Eder is a typical Italian from Southern Tyrol. He was born in Bruneck and raised in Luttach in the nearby Ahrntal valley, where he still lives today. He started skiing at the age of four, was an alpine racer for many years and enjoys rock climbing in the summer. He even loves pizza and ice-cream. However, a few winters back something diverted his typically Italian path. He discovered freeskiing! Five years later Markus Eder is the first Italian new school freestyler to reach international recognition.
Markus: "Loving every aspect about Freeskiing. Being able to have fun and being progressive on prepared terrain, tricking in the backcountry or skiing bigger lines in places like Alaska is key for me. "
- Data urodzin
- Ulubione góry
- climbing, skateboarding, biking, trampoline, tinkeling
1st Freeride World Tour Fieberbrunn, Austria 2019
1st Freeride World Tour Habuka Japan 2019
2nd overall Freeride World Tour 2018
3rd Verbier Xtremes 2018
2nd Freeride World Tour Kicking Horse 2018
1st Freeride World Tour Courmayeur 2013,
15th Olympics Sochi 2014,
2nd Red Bull Linecatcher 2011,
1st Swatch Skiers Cup 2016/2013/2011,
- 1. Ulubione narty Völkl
- Völkl BMT 122
- 2. Do czego używasz nart?
- Hiking and Skiing technical Lines
- 3. Dlaczego lubisz te narty?
- It's a light and robust ski that makes hiking but stays solid under your feet on every kind of terrain in the backcountry.
- 4. Dlaczego lubisz być częścią zespołu Völkl?
- Rather than team i'd call it a big family which has been supporting our sport since the beginning and is still on the same road.
- 5. Jak długo jeździsz dla Völkl?
- 10 years
- 6. W jakim wieku zacząłeś (aś) jeździć na nartach?
- When I was 3 i did my first run down the crosscountry track behind our house.
- 7. Największy przełom w Twojej karierze to?
- The 2nd place of the Red Bull Linecatcher in 2011 was defenitely the result I'm the most stoked about. Mostly because it introduced me to backcountry skiing.
- 8. Twoje ulubione miejsce do jazdy to?
- That's a tough question and I can't really answere it. There's too many good places all over the world but skiing at my home resort is always special since I know it the best and these days it's rare that I get to ski there.
- 9. Twoja najlepsza wyprawa to?
- It might have been the trip to a Touring Lodge at Rogers Pass in Canada. We flew in with the heli and stayed up there for two weeks touring in all time terrain that's surrounding the hut with a great crew and just the basic connection to the outside world
- 10. W który miejscu jeszcze nie byłeś(aś), a które chętnie odwiedzisz?
- Japan! Somehow a trip to that place never came together and every professional skier seemed to have been there. Sooner or later it will be time!
- 11. Ulubiony narciarz, wzór do naśladowania, z którym dorastałeś(aś)?
- Candide, in the past and present.
- 12. Co robisz, jeśli nie jeździsz na nartach?
- I love to climb, bike and skate. And besides that I spend quite some time during summer tinkering on stuff in my workshop.
- 13. W jaki sposób trenujesz, żeby być w formie?
- Obviously the gym is one of the places to keep myself in shape but I mostly try to be outside and spend my time with climbing and biking without spending too much time indoors in the gym.
- 14. Bez czego nie wyobrażasz sobie życia?
- 15. O jakich 3 rzeczach powinniśmy o Tobie wiedzieć?
- German speaking Italian, Candy is my doping, anti FIS.
- 16. Jakie jest Twoje motto?
- 17. Najbardziej upokarzający moment Twojego życia?
- Again I'd say it was the second place at the Red Bull Linecatcher. Partecipating at this comp where I thought I'd never have a chance against the stacked field of role models.
- 18. Ulubiony kanał social-media?
- 19. Jakie są Twoje plany i cele na przyszłość?
- I don't know where my carreer is taking me in the next years but I hope that I'll still have fun on my skis when I'm in my 60's.
- 20. W jaki sposób rozpoczęła się Twoja przygoda ze Skitouringiem?
- I never had any interest in skitouring till probably 3 years ago when I got to test the BMT's. Then I went to my first touring trip to Canada and it totally got me by then.
- 21. Jakie są Twoje ulubione wyprawy Skitourowe?
- I rather do shorter hikes where I'm able to concentrate at a line at the time. Like the tour to the Faden Alm, my dad's hut close to my home village. It's about an hour and a half to get to the hut that's surrounded by awesome minigolf lines.