- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Großglockner- "Nationalpark Hohe Tauern"
- skiing and mountaineering are my passion and my job. If i have time, I´m also on ice and rocks
state certified mountain and ski guide / operations manager for mountain rescue in Kals am Großglockner
- 1. Favorite Völkl Skis
- BMT 90 and Mantra 102
- 2. Why do you like this ski?
- I take the BMT for all kinds of tours and sometimes also for freeriding. The Mantra i mainly use for freeriding and slopes.
- 3. Why do you like being a part of the Völkl team?
- Völkl always had a excellent reputation among skiers. It is simply top material. Thats why I#m proud to be a part of this.
- 4. How long have you been riding for Völkl?
- Since this year again. I was on it before, but then I switched to a different brand. But that didn`t fit at all. Nobody can match the MDV material
- 5. What age did you start skiing?
- At the age of 4 years, on a steep slope behind our house
- 6. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- The Training as a UIAGM mountain and ski guide, a dream job
- 7. Favorite Place to ride
- GG Resort Kals Matrei / Nationalpark Hohe Tauern
- 8. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- There are so many… But my children`s first attempts of skii driving remain unforgettable, it was so cool!
- 9. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Somewhere in Canada or Alaksa would be so cool.
- 10. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- In summer I am a hut host and mountain gudie at Austria´s highest mountain at 3450m (there is always enough snow). And of course I also take time for my family.
- 11. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Actually I´m always in the mountains, the ice, rocks and on glaciers. The breaks are mor important for me
- 12. What can’t you live without
- without my family and friends
- 13. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I´m no ultra-extreme super athlete, but I can step on the gas, too. Safety is very important to me, I try to communicate this, especially to young people. I need time for myself now and then, so i go alone.
- 14. Most Humbling moment
- A helicopter accident in 2017 in which I was involved. All 5 passengers survived, the helicopter had total damage.
- 15. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- It would be cool to climb a 7000 or 8000 meter mountain, possibly with skis
- 16. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- Through my father and friends. Many famous mountain guides live in our village and they took us as children with them.
- 17. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- the complete safety equipment, down jacket, 0,5L Tea with rum, chocolate, some reserve material. For glacier and high altitude tours i add ropes, crampons and harnesses etc.