It is the quintessential American success story. A boy from a small town sets out to conquer the world. The boy in this case is Nick Goepper and the small town goes by the name Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Although Nick grew up in a rather flat, Midwestern area, he started skiing by the age of five and was captivated. By the age of 15, he went to the West Coast to try his luck as a freeskier. Soon he proved to be one of the most talented freestylers of his generation and began to make his presence felt at slopestyle competitions across the US. In the 2011/12 season Nick bagged several podiums including a silver medal at X Games. The following year he stepped up his game to win X Games Gold and in 2014 he managed to repeat this feat. At the biggest event yet in the history of the sport, the Winter Olympics 2014, Nick delivered what might have been the most technical run in freeskiing yet, however it was only good enough for the Bronze medal. Nevertheless, he became a big media star as part of the US podium sweep in men’s slopestyle, only the third for the country at Winter Olympics in history.
- Dátum narodenia
- United States
- Domáce stredisko
- Perfect North Slopes Indiana
- Do it
- Halfpipe and Slopestyle
- Surfing, Skateboarding, my truc
Olympic Silver Medal Slopestyle PyeongChang 2018
X Games Gold Medal 2015
Olympic Bronze medal Slopestyle Sochi 2014
- 1. Obľúbené Völkl lyže
- Revolt 87
- 2. Kde používaš tieto lyže?
- Park and Pipe
- 3. Čo sa ti na lyžiach páči?
- It’s an all around solid ski. Normal camber, stiff, good for jumps and jibs
- 4. Od kedy jazdíš za Völkl?
- Since I was 15, so about 8 years
- 5. Kedy si začal s lyžovaním?
- 6. Tvoj najvačší úspech v lyžiarskej kariére?
- Winning the Dumont Cup in Sunday River Maine at age 17
- 7. Obľúbené stredisko na lyžovanie?
- Perfect North Slopes
- 8. Tvoj najlepší lyžiarsky výlet?
- I love skiing LAAX any time I get to go there. Switzerland is rad.
- 9. Kde by si rád niekedy určite lyžoval?
- I would love to shred an indoor place sometime. I've never done that and it looks really fun.
- 10. Aké vzory si mal ako dieťa v lyžiarskom športe?
- Wallisch, Brown, Dumont, Hall
- 11. Čo robíš keď nelyžuješ?
- Surfing or Skating!
- 12. Ako trénuješ, aby si bol pripravený na lyžovanie?
- I like to crosstrain a lot with surf and skate, and sometimes I hit the gym in the fall before the snow starts to fall.
- 13. Bez čoho nemôžeš žiť?
- I can't live without oxygen. That would suck
- 14. Ktoré 3 veci by sme mali o tebe vedieť?
- Im very impatient, I am very protective of my younger sisters, and I love power metal.
- 15. Tvoje Motto?
- Do it
- 16. Čo najhlúpejšie sa ti doteraz stalo?
- Having my family at the Olympics. That was amazing.
- 17. Ktorá je tvoja preferovaná sociálna sieť?
- 18. Tvoje ciele a priania do budúcnosti?
- Olympics, X Games, Filming, maybe some backcountry jumps next year, we will see